The La-La Land Black Friday 2023 thread

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

Are the two Horners good? I like his early stuff best. 

Sneakers is Horner at his early 90's best!  It's an A-tier score by him.  playtronics break-in is always in rotation for me, it was his period with a lot of John Adams and Philip Glass influences.  I'm still surprised they decided to go with it, considering it leaked fully a couple of years ago.

2 minutes ago, Damien F said:

A great batch although I am a bit disappointed that there is no John Barry Bond.

Me too. Maybe they had one planned and it got pushed back.

Well, everyone else is currently going absolutely nuts over Hook (ok, are you finally happy now? Excellent :)  Please never, ever mention it ever again :P) and it's great that you finally have it.

Nothing here for me - I can only hold out a bit of hope (actually, make that pray - that's now three Williams scores expanded, then re-expanded in priority of non-Williams franchise scores) that JP3 or perhaps The Terminal might have been delayed by manufacturing or approvals.

I'd agree if it were concerning a title with more expansion material, i.e. representing a major upgrade from the OST, which are nice to keep available. I also doubt being an anniversary suddenly creates a market that wasn't there the week before.

3 hours ago, MedigoScan said:

But I am upset at whoever got my hopes up for JP3.

Well, it was based on similar criteria as the hype for Hook. Put it this way: if it turns out, moons from now, that no one is even looking into JP/// as a candidate release, I'd have some questions. (obviously, not necessarily for the labels themselves). A very small part of me needs to be convinced that any delays or lack of release are just down to 'problems', and not a lack of interest due to it not being Williams.

I'm only getting Hook and Sneakers, but still - I haven't placed a soundtrack order in a whole year, so my MBR order that has been gestating for the past few months was already I think my biggest ever. With these two additions, it'll probably have a significant impact on their end of year revenue…

16 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:
16 hours ago, Edmilson said:

What makes so many people believe in Hook?

Nothing beyond the fact that if we stop believing, any chance of it happening will die.

I guess we can stop believing in it now.

Great batch. Can't wait to hear the newly perfected Hook and Zorro. I love Sneakers, but I don't know what could be missing and the OST is such a great listening experience... Then again, I never saw the movie, so there may be some great gems in the expansion.

Overall, great day for Williams, Horner, Jarre and Mancini fans!

6 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Then again, I never saw the movie, so there may be some great gems in the expansion.

There are great gems *in the movie*! (Not talking about the score here)

15 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hook and the Horners for me.  I just know I’ll wish I’d paced myself once Intrada makes their announcement.  But YOLO. 

Are we expecting an announcement from Intrada?

On November 18th, Roger posted this:

We will have one last release for the year, coming Dec. 12th. After that, we will return in January.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/95015405220/permalink/10168550343755221/

It seems to me that Nightbreed is the most likely candidate, since Roger previously posted in May that Nightbreed was coming soon.