Disney Emporium releases Indiana Jones: The Complete CD Collection (Expected ship date is March 27, 2024.) No new expansions - Includes the previous Concord Records programmes plus KotCS and DoD OSTs

jamesluckard

6 hours ago, Brando said:

This is faded out early on the Concorde. In the film, the last note lasts a bit longer but there’s 2 very quiet instrument taps that one of the musicians probably made on accident and that’s why they faded it out early on this release, but if you have the atmos rip of the film audio, you can hear it.

Thanks for the reminder; I just added this to the post!

Also, I'm starting to wonder about the longer ending for 3m1 - The Book from the old bootleg.  Does anyone here have it?  Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

This thread went delightfully off the rails since the last time I looked at it.  I agree with the guy who says “just don’t buy something if you can’t afford it.”  What the H, you guys?

Also this is a bad set for most/all of us, and a good set at a terrible price for some other people who haven’t kept up with releases.

3 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

This is not just an item we don't like.

This is a sign of how Disney deals with soundtracks and their release, and shows lacks of respect for customers, and also proves how incapable they are in taking the right decisions in this market. We have been waiting for proper IJ releases for many years, and the best Disney can do is to add a cardboard box and price the set at $30 per disk, while you can comfortably buy the very same content for much less. They even managed to keep some previously available music out of this box. All of this right after the disastrous release of the DoD CD.

These release goes in the wrong direction of what should be made, frustrates the hopes of the fans, and this is why it's getting such a reaction, especially when the market is now full of great releases and it's so clear how to proceed and who to get involved.

This.

Especially on the "who to get involved" part.  [I.E. Mike Matessino]

Yeah, I understand the argument but think it’s wrong.  This is just a repackage of extant albums and it happens all the time in the music business.  It’s extremely expensive, but we all have them so who gives a shit?

Just now, Luke Skywalker said:

I dont want to be the bringer of bad news but without parenthesis the mathematic solution is:

2019 + 7 x 9 = 2026 x 9 = 18234

so we must wait a little longer.

You’re right, PEMDAS.

6 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I dont want to be the bringer of bad news but without parenthesis the mathematic solution is:

2019 + 7 x 9 = 2026 x 9 = 18234

so we must wait a little longer.

Umm, I get that this is a joke (maybe) but your formula is incorrect and the original one is correct:

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

2019 + 7 x 9 = 2019 + 63 = 2082

Sorry, if I don’t get it.

2 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

I just thought about posting the idea at DME to offer the empty cardboard box as well for two dollars, so fans can purchase it to merge their Concorde CDs or other Indy score albums with their already purchased Dial of Destiny CD. :D

Not that the box is so great. But it would make the absurdity of the current offering at that price even more obvious. 

That wouldn't work for those who have the Concord box.

2 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

I just thought about posting the idea at DME to offer the empty cardboard box as well for two dollars, so fans can purchase it to merge their Concorde CDs or other Indy score albums with their already purchased Dial of Destiny CD. :D

Not that the box is so great. But it would make the absurdity of the current offering at that price even more obvious. 

I'm sure they'd agree to offer it, for $74.99.

17 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

On facebook there are many people, who state, that they are going to get it, without any complaint or hesitation.

Obviously there is a market for this. 

Yes, but I'm guessing it's not any of us here. If it creates a new group of fans and collectors of the music of  JW then this reissue won't be a total waste. 

13 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Yes, the box would not fit into the box. It would be a replacement.

And I just checked it. You would have one or two milimeter additional space in the box. So what?

If I put in the DCC album of Raiders instead of the concord edition, it might even fit exactly.

Not sure why you keep defending this idea. Even the CD cases wouldn't match.

13 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

But anyway, I would not even pay five dollars to ask them to send an empty cardboard box around the world.

There is a near point where this collecting hobby becomes silly and slightly embarrasing. This box stands for a lot of that.

Agreed.

So why did you defend that idea until now?

On 29/11/2023 at 11:23 AM, Yavar Moradi said:

... I recommend you steer clear of the Film Score Monthly forum. ;)

Yavar

You poor bloke. I've seen nothing from you on FSM but ardent passion for film scores, but it's as though your posts act as some magnet that attract a certain type of personality that just wants to troll you. 

The joys of having an opinion! 

• 3 months later...