Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

I also was denied the tax refund. I reworded it again because they seem to imply we want to be returned our countries customs tax not the domestic usa tax they hideously collect….

I want my 4.5$ back!

Yeah, after a stressful last few weeks at work I finally logged in to JWFan to find that I've missed the chance to get this score all over again! Woohoo! I am a massive collector, and love physical media, but this time sod it, I just ripped the soundtrack from YouTube. Honestly Officer, Disney made me do it!

2 hours ago, Bellosh said:

I feel like I'm one of the few people to love that artwork on this forum (from the few posts I've seen)

Its also like the only one that dares to show Indy's face

It's not the poster art we have a problem with but the lazy way it was slapped together into a cover.

4 hours ago, GlastoEls said:

How much on eBay for just the booklet?!

$1,000,99

4 hours ago, Bellosh said:

I feel like I'm one of the few people to love that artwork on this forum (from the few posts I've seen)

Its also like the only one that dares to show Indy's face

I love Stella’s artwork sooo much, but honest to god, I would’ve preferred his actual art and arrangements being used instead of a haphazard, sloppy, lazy edited version with everyone “injected with Botox” (Stella’s words, not mine.) (Tony’s arrangements / art listed below)

IMG_7743.jpeg

IMG_7744.jpeg

IMG_7742.jpeg

Sure you should.

There are plenty of tips here in the thread. Then it seems to me that different customer agents have different ways of solving the problem, so just start the conversation and take it from there.

If you need help/advice, just write here in the thread or DM. :)

21 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I've pointed out in two of my emails that these incorrect taxes are clearly applied to all international orders, but nobody replied to those comments.

How come?

I thought every email is replied.

I had sent another email for a cancelled order and they replied to me.

18 minutes ago, Juanki said:

Anyone who ordered from Europe, had their item stopped for a while in Netherlands? Mine's been almost a week there!

Yep, same. When I look at the order form at Disney Music Emporium it says "shipped" but the expected send date is October 18th.

Last APC status update (arrived in country of destination) was September 8th.

On 30/08/2023 at 10:16 PM, rough cut said:

I was also denied refund if the task, and am equally curious @Jurassic Shark @Marian Schedenig

Disney gave me lengthiest of answers to my polite request:

Just received the same response by Ariel.

It doesn't really make much sense to me...

After 12 days I have just received this response by Ariel:

We appreciate that you've taken the time to contact us!

There are two types of taxes charged when goods are imported into a country: customs fees and VAT (or similar tax). Customs fees are placed on physical goods that are imported into a country from another country or territory. These fees are applied to international sales, but never domestic (unlike VAT, JCT, GST, SST, HST, QST or similar tax, which can be applied to both goods imported into a country and goods sold locally). 

In general, the buyer is responsible for paying the additional costs such as duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees. In some countries, we are obligated to collect those as VAT on imported goods and to pay this over to the tax authorities. Most customs charges are due once the package arrives in the destination country. The amounts can vary widely and are often based on the price and type of item, package weight and dimensions, origin country, and the taxes, duties, and fees of the destination country. If a buyer and a seller are located in different countries, we inform buyers that additional duties and taxes (such as those charged at customs) may apply. This is to make it clear to buyers that they may be responsible for paying these additional fees.

We would advise that you contact your local customs office for more detailed information. 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Ariel 

1 hour ago, E-Wan said:

After 12 days I have just received this response by Ariel:

We appreciate that you've taken the time to contact us!

There are two types of taxes charged when goods are imported into a country: customs fees and VAT (or similar tax). Customs fees are placed on physical goods that are imported into a country from another country or territory. These fees are applied to international sales, but never domestic (unlike VAT, JCT, GST, SST, HST, QST or similar tax, which can be applied to both goods imported into a country and goods sold locally). 

In general, the buyer is responsible for paying the additional costs such as duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees. In some countries, we are obligated to collect those as VAT on imported goods and to pay this over to the tax authorities. Most customs charges are due once the package arrives in the destination country. The amounts can vary widely and are often based on the price and type of item, package weight and dimensions, origin country, and the taxes, duties, and fees of the destination country. If a buyer and a seller are located in different countries, we inform buyers that additional duties and taxes (such as those charged at customs) may apply. This is to make it clear to buyers that they may be responsible for paying these additional fees.

We would advise that you contact your local customs office for more detailed information. 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Ariel 

I got the same response.

specify to them that you dont want the refund of the customs fees and local tax you have had to pay in your country, you want to be returned the USA VAT they charged when ordering the item.

4 hours ago, Juanki said:

Anyone who ordered from Europe, had their item stopped for a while in Netherlands? Mine's been almost a week there!

Yes same here