Quartet Announces: HEIDI/ JANE EYRE (2CD)(John Williams) Remastered and Expanded

Amer

Will order (triple-dip for both scores for me) from MBR once MacArthur is out.

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:
1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Its the only williams expanded score i dont officially own! 😠

You're saying it as if it's a bad thing.

Of course it is. The Crimebuster stuff is fun, and the main theme is a gorgeous Williams theme that absolutely doesn't have to hide behind his more high profile stuff.

I know shipping costs for labels are rarely a pleasant topic of conversation, but:

€7.40 to post to Spain (which, presumably could include an air trip to the Canary or Balearic Islands)

€18.50 - more than double - to just pop it over the Pyrenees to France

But €19.50 if you just want to get it across the border to Portugal (possibly as little as 350km from Madrid)

Just an extra four euros then gets it across the Channel to the UK

After that, just another two euros to get it all the way across the Atlantic to the US.

If there's a logic to that pricing structure, it entirely escapes me.

I'm very excited for this but I think I'll wait until end of February when HTTYD 3 Deluxe Edition arrives and bundle it together with Mask of Zorro to save on shipping costs. In the meantime, I have TLW, Eiger Sanction, Sabrina, Godfather and Hook to go through anyways :whistle: Oof! So many great releases this and last year!

I've heard a few tracks from Jane Eyre, really nice main theme

What a nice end of year surprise. I hope those who complain about there not being enough Williams expansions will reconsider those thoughts. Plus we don't know if a Williams might've been delayed from BF.

11 minutes ago, QuartalHarmony said:

I know shipping costs for labels are rarely a pleasant topic of conversation, but:

€7.40 to post to Spain (which, presumably could include an air trip to the Canary or Balearic Islands)

€18.50 - more than double - to just pop it over the Pyrenees to France

But €19.50 if you just want to get it across the border to Portugal (possibly as little as 350km from Madrid)

Just an extra four euros then gets it across the Channel to the UK

After that, just another two euros to get it all the way across the Atlantic to the US.

If there's a logic to that pricing structure, it entirely escapes me.

I just realized I need to spend a minimum of £135 before shipping costs on that website to be able to order to deliver in the UK :blink:

8 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I don't see why this had to be a twofer and not separate albums.

Probably a better chance of selling well considering many people already have a previous release of at least one of the scores. They're thematically related (the theme being "JW TV scores"), so pairing them isn't entirely arbitrary.

2 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Probably a better chance of selling well considering many people already have a previous release of at least one of the scores. They're thematically related (the theme being "JW TV scores"), so pairing them isn't entirely arbitrary.

Wasn't it even the same director?

Anyway, this way the two albums take less space in my CD board.

Just now, Yavar Moradi said:

Pretty sure not. I'm pretty sure the bootleg just included Williams's own later re-recorded suite.

I think, you are right. But it contains two versions of To Thornfield, one from the Boston Pops album. The other one I didn't find anywhere else. Doesn't matter. 

Looking forward to this one.

6 hours ago, filmmusic said:

It will be the 3rd time I'll purchase these 2 scores. :(

It will be my fifth Jane Eyre purchase and my third Heidi purchase, and I'm not complaining :)

2 hours ago, Jay said:

A label working on a score that had already been expanded before is not preventing them from working on any scores that have never been expanded before.  These are also (small) businesses that need to stay in business to keep bringing us music, and often a score that's been expanded before will bring in revenue that can be used to fund working on scores that have never been expanded before

Well the reissues take release spots, pushing back an unreleased score… 

and if it were just straight reissues (like et or ai) i dont really mind… but when there is a slight improvement… i feel compelled to buy it…

And i mean, if the reissues were done in 40 years for new fans… but having 2-3 releases in my lifetime is too much.

Wasn't Jane Eyre on a list in FSM (the actual print magazine) of Scores You Must Own To Call Yourself a John Williams Fan? Back when the only way to get it was to pay hundreds of dollars aftermarket? (This was before Ebay. Dammit, I'm old now.)

They said you could call yourself a JW fan without it, but you had to laugh dismissively after you said it. (Whoever wrote that be glad that there is ONE person who still remembers that article.)

3 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I haven't heard the Heidi/Jane Eyre remaster, but I have heard MacArthur (just recorded a Spotlight on it last night with Doug Fake, Jeff Bond, and Chris Malone) and I think this is a mistake.

Believe me, it was a hard decision to make. I would LOVE to own MACARTHUR! But John will always come first for me and I just can’t afford to buy both scores. I was planning to get Jerry’s score up ‘til today, but I simply can’t miss out on Jane Eyre/Heidi. No one is more sorry than me for not being able to have MACARTHUR, but alas, that’s life. 

UGH... these two scores are ACHINGLY beautiful!!!

Darn you exchange rate! (and the fact I just bought Hook among others from La La)

Alas, this may be one of those be happy with what you have moments where I will just have to cherish the first Quartet Heidi and La La Land Jane Eyre that I'm already extremely lucky to have on my shelf. 

35 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Since the only thing I know from Heidi is the fact that it's a TV movie scored by pre-fame John Williams, I decided to look on Wikipedia what the movie's about and I found this :lol:

The CD cover makes you think, it was some kind of Shining prequel about just one of the twins.