Sony dedicates its music building to John Williams

mrbellamy

Ah. This is… lovely.

Spielberg:

”Without you, the films are running around with no clothes on; with you, they’re completely finished. I’ve often said that if my movies can bring a tear to your eye, your music makes that tear fall down the face.”

Well… yeah. :heart:

A Fitting tribute to The Maestro!

Guess the Mrs. and I will have to take a tour of the Sony Lot so we can get our pictures taken next to the building!

Johnny laying down the challenge:

They need to get to work and make some good music.

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Did Yoda take the picture?  

Rian Johnson.

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

Figures this happens right after our Hook booklet mentioned all its old names (MGM / Westside / Sony / Streisand).  What a fitting place it could have been to be the first liner notes to mention the new name!

I was trying to figure out what the building was previously called? Because it seems from different articles that the scoring stage itself will remain the Streisand Scoring Stage, but now within the Williams Music Building. 

Oh true, I didn't think of the building and the stage carrying two different names....

Yeah this Deadline article clarified it is the building with the Streisand stage and the Cary Grant Theatre (mixing stage) but I couldn't find any info on what the building had been called. Maybe it was just an unnamed building in the studio complex, or Sony Music Building or something generic. 

Now we have a new acronym for our lexicon. The JWMB, baby. 

29 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Yeah this Deadline article clarified it is the building with the Streisand stage and the Cary Grant Theatre (mixing stage) but I couldn't find any info on what the building had been called. Maybe it was just an unnamed building in the studio complex, or Sony Music Building or something generic.

Still would have been neat to mention in the booklet that the building the score was recorded in is now named after him.  Oh well.

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

Saw this video posted by Tim B. and The Legacy podcast on Facebook. Silvestri & wife in the foreground.

https://www.facebook.com/timburdenvoiceovers/posts/pfbid02iChTmwHjXEDLnAdGf4oCChhAitjunA1Cfg6pXyjBmhVrF8Yk2Fig8NxPjetvyw1Sl

Wow. This must feel overwhelming. I can't think of anyone who deserves this more than the Maestro. 

50 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Now, sony, release all the williams sony soundtracks expanded!

Sadly not my department. Or even my part of the company. :)

Well deserved, it seems like it was inevitable. :) 

On a side note, was I the only person not aware Dario Marianelli is scoring the new Ghostbusters?

Karol

11 minutes ago, crocodile said:

On a side note, was I the only person not aware Dario Marianelli is scoring the new Ghostbusters?

I wasn't, but I'm not following that franchise, so I figured everyone else probably knew.

One very minor caveat: Is it just me, or does "John Williams Music Building" sound awfully generic?