Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Score in the film) - SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Jay

3 minutes ago, King Mark said:

Your the first one that found this. At least we have some of this cue but probably some of the actual underwater cue is unreleased

The OST track is certainly microedited; if you play the full Eels clip above, you'll hear the unreleased sections.

15 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Has anyone pointed out that a fragment of Water Ballet is used in the film for the scene where the planes lose control after breaching the time fissure?

However, I don't think this is OST editing trickery – the same music appears in the film for the eels sequence:

Starting to wonder if the film version of the time fissure scene is all tracked? Not only does the fragment of Spell of the Skull (as they're entering the fissure) sound almost identical to the KOCS recording, but it appears the following scene is tracked with music from Water Ballet.

I noticed this when I saw the film; forgot to mention it here. Also, I do think the “Spell of the Skull” is slightly different from the KOTCS recording… Doesn’t it show up twice? At least one of the times it plays, the instrumentation is a bit different (horns instead of trumpets, if I recall correctly). Unless there are alternates from 2008 that I’m not aware of(?).

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but did anyone else notice that the music that scores Indy and Helena jumping out of the plane is from the end of “Out of Fuel,” from TOD?

EDIT: Just saw that it was mentioned in the cue breakdown thread.

Does anyone have a link for a video with the very beginning of the movie? I'm curious to see what the opening cue is and probably I'll only watch the movie in two weeks.

What saddens me is to see how many indifferent people just stand up and leave during the end credits - in Germany I would say 98 % of the audiences just walk out, even on JW..

My local cinema may even stop the end credits prematurely which is a clear indication for a lack of interest and loss of discipline and culture in the fast and superficial world of home cinema dwellers.

I don't go to the cinema very often, but when I do go, there's always a bunch of people who choose to stay during the end credits (including yours truly of course). My stepfather didn't even complain last time when we went to see DOD together, which I consider an improvement. :P

When I saw TFA I stayed behind for the credits, as did another group of kids. But they were clearly just waiting for a post-credits scene, and they kept talking loudly over the music. It was doubly annoying since I had specifically avoided listening to the score on its own before the viewing, as I wanted to experience it for the first time in the cinema. Haven't made that mistake since!

26 minutes ago, Loert said:

When I saw TFA I stayed behind for the credits, as did another group of kids. But they were clearly just waiting for a post-credits scene, and they kept talking loudly over the music. It was doubly annoying since I had specifically avoided listening to the score on its own before the viewing, as I wanted to experience it for the first time in the cinema. Haven't made that mistake since!

I'm still somewhat stunned even after having it happen over and over again at how many people do stay thru end credits to see if there's something else coming (and there have been a good many people stay after in the movies I've attended the past few years - not a large group, mind you, but still more than a few).  Heck, they even check for after-credits scenes in older movies in a ton of Youtube reaction videos I occasionally watch, even though up until the Marvel movies started that pretty much hardly ever happened.   And pretty much still never happens unless it's a superhero movie.  Same thing happened when I saw DoD - older couple leaving from the row behind us looked at me and my wife and said "Well, guess no extra scenes" and I was like "Yeah, there's never been any extra scenes in any Indiana Jones movies", lol.

2 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

A friend said the cleaning staff complained about him staying for the credits. When I watched it at the IMAX, my friends and I stayed through the credits, as did a sizeable group a couple of rows in front of us.

It seems to be a trend

Even at the Dolby Atmos in Munich they switched the lights back on during the end credit...which is also telling you to leave so they have time to remove all the popcorn and nacho remains from the carpet.

P.S. Public littering in cinemas has never been worse...either it's because people behave like at home where mum will eventually clean up or again it's just a consequence of the overall loss of self-control and culture.

7 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

Of course I really hate it at live-to-projection concerts, neanderthal behavior.

Luckily in Dublin Anthony Gabriele and the orchestra performed Superman with a concert finale (as intended since the world premiere in Switzerland) so this didn't happen. ;)

I wonder if it would make any difference if they just immediately faded out the end credits onscreen and had the orchestra perform alone. Or would those audience members feel even more like "Well, it's over!"

3 hours ago, Datameister said:

Moviegoers leaving during credits: Permissible. (I stay.)

Theater staff encouraging moviegoers to leave during credits: Unacceptable.

LTP concertgoers leaving while the orchestra is playing: Criminal.

Amen. 

Karol

On 07/07/2023 at 6:12 PM, Datameister said:

LTP concertgoers leaving while the orchestra is playing: Criminal.

Is this actually a thing?

5 minutes ago, Jilal said:

Is this actually a thing?

Apparently! I've only ever been to one of these, and I don't remember people leaving, though there was more chatter than I would have liked.

On 06/07/2023 at 4:34 PM, Luke Skywalker said:

Should we call it the j”umping from a plane” motif-theme? 😄

Welcome to the wonderful world of motif-naming! We will file your suggestion next to "Siegfried's desire to see new rivers."

Can someone break down what is on film during the pieces on the OST, please?  

For example I assume Marion's theme during The Perils of the Deep is when Indy tells Helena about his separation from Marion. 

11 hours ago, Alex Shore said:

"Pulse of the City"

Written by William Ross

What piece is that? Where is located in the film?

It's what the band plays when Indy enters the Hotel L'Atlantique

[Edit: I actually don't know]

16 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

It's what the band plays when Indy enters the Hotel L'Atlantique

Nope, that's pre-existing source music:

1 minute ago, May the Force be with You said:

Oh my bad so do we know what it is?

Love the picture @May the Force be with You, a pleasure to meet you here. Huge Star Wars, Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones fan from Clovis, California. 

10 hours ago, Demodex said:

Can someone break down what is on film during the pieces on the OST, please?  

For example I assume Marion's theme during The Perils of the Deep is when Indy tells Helena about his separation from Marion. 

@Demodex , I totally agree with you, It would be helpful for all of us to see what cues are in order that are in the film as we are watching it so that way we can do an in order playlist of the soundtrack using the cues in the OST of Dial Of Destiny. Great question. 👊 👊 👊 👍 👍

4 minutes ago, Jilal said:

@JWilliamsFan1999 The OST is pretty much in chronological order as it is:

Thank you so much @Jilal, I really appreciate it very much

5 minutes ago, Jilal said:

@JWilliamsFan1999

Welcome to the forum. :)

Thanks so much, happy to be here with all of you @Jilal