HOOK (1991) - NEW! 2023 3-CD Ultimate Edition Produced, Edited, and Mastered by Mike Matessino featuring all Williams/Bricusse songs

Jay

And arrived today, along with Zorro & Sneakers.

After my Intrada parcel spent a week waiting to clear customs, Hook arrived in the UK yesterday and passed though customs in less than an hour and delivered today.

Now to get them ripped so the listening can commence...

3 hours ago, Martin B. said:

Hook arrived in the UK yesterday and passed though customs in less than an hour and delivered today.

Great news! May I ask how much Customs et al. charged you?

Mark

14 hours ago, QuartalHarmony said:

Great news! May I ask how much Customs et al. charged you?

Mark

To me honest, from my experience, they rarely charge anything. Hasn't happened to me with LLL/Intrada in many years. And if you need to know anything about me, I have a huge binge shopping problem.

Karol

7 hours ago, Brando said:

Ohhhhh I see. I assumed he wrote Home Alone 2 after Hook.

No, HA2 came later, but three songs are demos from Bricusse's 2001 attempt to create a peter pan musical with the unused material.

Got my copy today, by the way :)

5 hours ago, crocodile said:

To me honest, from my experience, they rarely charge anything.

I was specifically asking @Martin B. because he and I are both in the UK and I wanted to know what they’re currently doing, having been charged in the past.

Are you in the UK too @crocodile?

Mark

1 minute ago, QuartalHarmony said:

I was specifically asking @Martin B. because he and I are both in the UK and I wanted to know what they’re currently doing, having been charged in the past.

Are you in the UK too @crocodile?

Mark

I'm in the UK and never been charged anything, including for this order.

Darn.. it's already showing "Temporarily Out of Stock" on La-La-Land's website and I haven't placed my order yet. Are they pressing only a few at a time like Disney?

Hoping to combine this one with AI and Lost World which are also temporarily out of stock as the cost of shipping pretty much doubles the price.

I can't imagine all 5000 would be gone so quickly.

42 minutes ago, Foxfan said:

Darn.. it's already showing "Temporarily Out of Stock" on La-La-Land's website and I haven't placed my order yet. Are they pressing only a few at a time like Disney?

Hoping to combine this one with AI and Lost World which are also temporarily out of stock as the cost of shipping pretty much doubles the price.

Don’t worry, not all 5000 are gone; it’s only “temporarily” out of stock because they’ve sold the first pressed batch. These labels don’t usually press the entire amount of units all once.

1 hour ago, Foxfan said:

On 10/12/2023 at 7:57 AM, Jay said:

MV says

If you ordered it through La La Land Records your order will be shipped as soon as possible. We are not taking any NEW ORDERS until it comes back in. We have accounted for every order we received until it was cut off and they will all be shipped before we close Dec 19.

More units are coming in late December early January.

MV

https://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=152698&forumID=1&archive=0

3 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

No, no, he's just gonna be doused in blue paint and have his teeth blacked out.

This made me chuckle out loud!! I’ve always hated that Phantom Menace cover art.

2 minutes ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

So, the recent email says it's back in stock, but the store page says otherwise.

Perhaps the email is incorrect?

Try refreshing. It took a couple minutes but it's available to order now (along with A.I.)

I finally got to listen to this release today, absolutely perfect from start to finish. All the new gems are a fantastic addition to the music Canon. All my thoughts have already been posted here by others, but I am so happy this score is finally available completely. Thank you to Mike, Jay, and all the other people who helped make this happen👏👏

On 24/11/2023 at 6:25 PM, Jay said:

The majority of the release comes from analog tape that Shawn Murphy saved his brilliant stereo mixes of every take to, in 1991.  Nobody has to worry about any sound issues with this release -- as the samples should already tell you.  Just compare the samples of "Flight To Neverland", "The Ultimate War (Film Version)", and "Swordfight and The End of Hook" to the same music on the 2012 edition.

The songs (which were not recorded by Shawn Murphy) were saved on various different formats but sound just as good.

Just curious, didn't LLL say in 2012 that they went to Murphy as well? Or did DD also just tell them he did that?

I don't understand the question.  Shawn Murphy recorded the score in 1991.  His 1991 mixes are used in the film, the OST album, the old expansion, and the new expansion.

Maybe you can clarify what you're confused about