The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

45 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Man I love the 2 CD TMP as just the most perfect presentation of the score and an obvious labor of love. But the 3 CD was 1) historic and 2) still has some goodies that I will never part with.

I ultimately traded in my 3 CD set once I got the 2 CD set, and it was because of my preference for the trimmed presentation.

The extras are an absolute goldmine, however I did not listen to them much after the first couple of times. Differences in the mixing / mastering etc. are very subtle but excellent.

A part of me regrets trading it in, but it is still the best decision for curating my collection.

It also means that someone else can discover the fantastic music and this release, and that warms my icy-cold heart.

5 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Agreed. The current shenanigans at WB made me regard this set as a miracle all over again.

Don't forget the Lethal Weapon box set as well, getting one box set of multiple films is incredibly lucky, but two, now that's a miracle. Hopefully once things settle down at WB in a year or two they'll be more open to doing expansions again.

At least they were one of the first to open up to the specialty labels, so a ton of their big scores have already been expanded nicely

FSM's first release was in 1996 so their 25th anniversary was 2021.

Of course they stopped releasing albums after 2013 so its different than an active label celebrating anniversaries.

Technically their final release (not counting Lukas’s momentary “revival” of the label for Sky Figher) was The Wild Bunch, put out in March 2013:

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/cds/detail.cfm?cdID=488

That said, their last few releases really came out in a slow trickle and took longer than expected.

Yavar

10 hours ago, Jay said:

the unopened Dead Reckoning album?

Theres a few not opened actually, Lost World, Hot Fuzz, Godfather etc. Not got round to listening to them all yet. 

"The John Williams"? :eh: :lol:

In English you don't put the article "The" before the subject, right? Unless when the subject is not something followed by the "The", like in "The John Williams music" or "The John Williams career", correct?

4 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

In English you don't put the article "The" before the subject, right? Unless when the subject is not something followed by the "The", like in "The John Williams music" or "The John Williams career", correct?

Maybe he forgot to add Maestro.

"The Maestro John Williams"

21 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

... unless when the subject is not something followed by the "The", like in "The John Williams music" or "The John Williams career", correct?

In the case of those two, it would read:

"the music of John Williams" or 

"John Williams' music" and

"the career of John Williams", or 

"John Williams' career.

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's supposed to read as THE John Williams. 

Eejit.

2 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Any buckeye will very annoyingly tell you that they went to THE Ohio State University.  This is kind of like that.

Spelt THE, but pronounced THEE.

4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

"The" before a name can be used to convey extra significance and importance and uniquness. Think of it as bolded and emphasized: THE John Williams will be joining us today! But yes, usually "The" does not precede a name. 

On 11/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, Edmilson said:

In English you don't put the article "The" before the subject, Unless when the subject is not something followed by the "The".

On 03/10/2023 at 4:56 PM, Jay said:

21% off sale!!!!

I don't know if I should hope for upcoming LLL releases to be important to me or not... zero backlog left again after this sale...

• 3 weeks later...

So this Dead Reckoning album is basically the bonus material from what they released digitally the other week? Either way, I might pick it up along with BF releases.

Karol 

List of Star Trek scores:

1. Star Trek: The Complete Original Series Boxset (15CD)
  2. Star Trek: Enterprise, vol. 1 (4CD)
  3. Star Trek: Enterprise, vol. 2 (4CD)
  4. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, vol. 1 (4CD)
  5. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, vol. 2 (4CD)
  6. Star Trek: Voyager, vol. 1 (4CD)
  7. Star Trek: Voyager, vol. 2 (4CD)
  8. Star Trek: Next Generation, vol. 1 (3CD)
  9. Star Trek: Next Generation, vol. 2 (3CD)
  10. Star Trek: The Motion Picture (3CD)
  11. Star Trek: The Motion Picture (2CD)
  12. Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan (2CD)
  13. Star Trek: The Final Frontier (2CD)
  14. Star Trek 50th Anniversary (4CD)
  15. Star Trek: The Final Frontier Collection (4CD)
  16. Star Trek: The Original Series, vol. 1 (2CD)
  17. Star Trek: The Original Series, vol. 2 (2CD)
  18. Star Trek: The Original Series, vol. 3 (2CD)

So that's 18 sets and 66 CDs. That's a lot of them