John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Jay said:

Intrada's physical CD edition will arrive Tuesday, October 31st.

Roger says:

image.jpeg

Coming on Halloween! The 2-CD set edition you've all be waiting for and our first foray into the Star Wars universe.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/95015405220/posts/10168424841150221/

I will ABSOLUTELY be getting this release day. I hope you have a LOT of copies, you'll need them.

9 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

And then there will be a mastering error on one of the CDs or something.

Looking forward to Leigh Phillips’ Kickstarter campaign for the re-recording. 😉

Good news:

This release will include “The Adventures of Han”.

27 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

P.S. Andy, have you already heard my 2019 interview of Peter Bernstein, where he touches on his Ewok scores?

https://goldsmithodyssey.buzzsprout.com/159614/1746388-odyssey-interviews-peter-bernstein

Ah excellent! I will check that out thank you. 

I unironically enjoy the nostalgia of the Holiday Special, even if I keep a finger on the fast forward button.  But I was there!  

2 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

I mean... BRING IT ON! Intrada loves Peter Bernstein (they released his magnum opus, Rough Riders, which also deserves an expansion) and frankly his two Ewok scores are probably something Disney/Lucasfilm is likely to be willing to give them rights to first, before the Williams Star Wars scores. But they could be a very important stepping stone, just as Willow was no doubt a stepping stone to Solo!

Yavar

Oh I jest, but you're probably right that Disney/Lucasfilm would be more than willing to let Intrada release them, as well they should as these have just as much a right to get expanded as any other film, just personally would like the Saga films to see some love first (especially the PT).

9 hours ago, Jay said:

The digital edition has had "The Adventures of Han" included since August, and Roger already told us that the Intrada CD edition was the reason why a few days later.

Yes but I only found out about it yesterday and it’s still good news. :)

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Why does he say the Deluxe program was prepared for vinyl release? 

Does the vinyl include the Williams track?

Perhaps that program including it, was first intended for that, then they put that out for Digital, and now the CD is coming with that same program?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Why does he say the Deluxe program was prepared for vinyl release? 

Typo perhaps? He may have meant to say digital. Or maybe there’s another release coming, a 4 LP of the complete score. 😄

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

Wait, Disney adds a track to the digital release because Intrada wants to include it on their CD? How does that work? Since when do studios care about that kind of thing?

Professor @Jay?

1 hour ago, Tallguy said:

I just found out that Peter Serafinowicz actually recorded the lines for Darth Maul in Solo but then they went with Sam Witwer at the last moment. I have mixed feelings about this.

Hmmm i wouldnt have minded either. But supposedly maul was going to be important in the sequel so he would talk more. And truth be told witver has hours of maul voice acting while serafinowicz only had a few lines in TPM.