HOOK (1991) - NEW! 2023 3-CD Ultimate Edition Produced, Edited, and Mastered by Mike Matessino featuring all Williams/Bricusse songs

Jay

1 hour ago, JohnnyD said:

I’m a little concerned because, though the order status updated to “Awaiting Shipment,” I have not gotten an email yet saying it has shipped, that LLL employee has sent a package. I did order it on Black Friday around 11 AM EST. I hope I get a notification by this week.

Yeah, I ordered mine Black Friday at 12:16am… Pretty sure within minutes of it becoming available to purchase. Hoping for an update soon.

How many people will listen to Disc 3 first and then the new main program second, as opposed to listening to all 3 discs in order?

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

How many people will listen to Disc 3 first and then the new main program second vs listening to all 3 discs in order?

Not me, but it seems like a perfectly good way to go about it!  Mine is out for delivery, so I'll at least have the option pretty soon.

23 minutes ago, Jay said:

How many people will listen to Disc 3 first and then the new main program second vs listening to all 3 discs in order?

I’ve thought about that a lot. I’m probably going to listen to all three discs in order. It’s very tempting to go straight to the third disc but hearing the glistening that opens the prologue at the right speed is too alluring.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

superman-missed-the-joke.gif

Nah, I figured it was probably a joke based on the specific track he mentioned… That’s why I was double-checking to make sure he was just joking. You can never be too careful. :lol:

1 hour ago, Jay said:

How many people will listen to Disc 3 first and then the new main program second, as opposed to listening to all 3 discs in order?

I think I am going to listen to the whole set from start to finish. Hearing the complete score in full for the first time will be glorious! I am certain disc 3 will be a fascinating collection of materials, songs, alternates and source music, but the actual film score in chronological order is certainly a priority for me.

Jim Walker on flute, not sure of the others specifically in that track, but the AFM roster in the booklet has everyone who played on any cues listed

5 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm most definitely going to first listen to The Ultimate War including the previously stem only tracks.

OMG the USPS is toying with my emotions right now!  Originally supposed to be delivered today between 1-3pm now it’s saying out for delivery by 6:55pm 😢 and our mail was already delivered today so now I’m hoping it’s not in a black hole somewhere 

I don't see how any other film score expaneded release can best this.  This is unbelievable.  

Starting with disc 3 was such a good recommendation, thank you Jay.  That was an fantastic peek into what could have been.  

38 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Who is the singer on “Childhood”?

According to wikipedia:

Julie Andrews recorded one song, "Childhood", at the Sony Pictures Studios so that Maggie Smith could lip-sync it on set; it was meant to be sung by Granny Wendy to her grandchildren in their bedroom.

Based on the sample, I’d guess the recording on this set is indeed sung by Andrews.

2 hours ago, Dr. Rick said:

OMG the USPS is toying with my emotions right now!  Originally supposed to be delivered today between 1-3pm now it’s saying out for delivery by 6:55pm 😢 and our mail was already delivered today so now I’m hoping it’s not in a black hole somewhere 

Mine is also in limbo.  Was supposed to be delivered today but stuck somewhere in the system.  Annoying.

You think you guys have it bad? Mine was marked as shipped on Saturday, but still hasn’t been scanned by USPS at all so it’s probably still in Burbank.

37 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

According to wikipedia:

Based on the sample, I’d guess the recording on this set is indeed sung by Andrews.

That’s what I’ve been hoping, but then again she is such a big name, I figured the LLL press release blurb would mention if it were her.

I don’t want to turn this into a pissing contest, but I ordered from Music Box (on release day, of course), and got this email:

Unfortunately, one or more items are currently pre-orders or out of stock and this may cause a slight delay for delivery. Your order will ship has soon as it is complete.

Thanks, Solo!

9 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I'll definitely start with the score first. It's been years since I listened to it - with the exception of Flight from Neverland (thanks to the Philharmoniker), I've probably not heard a single note from Hook in more than 5 years. I want to (re)discover any material I'm not yet familiar with (or have half forgotten) without colouring my initial impression with the songs.

I will as well listen to all three disks from beginning to end. I can't promise, that I won't be skipping Banning Back Home. 

3 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

I will as well listen to all three disks from beginning to end. I can't promise, that I won't be skipping Banning Back Home. 

No Yuppie Sounds?! For shame!!!

but in all honesty it’s truly one of my favorites.

8 hours ago, rough cut said:

I don’t want to turn this into a pissing contest, but I ordered from Music Box (on release day, of course), and got this email:

Unfortunately, one or more items are currently pre-orders or out of stock and this may cause a slight delay for delivery. Your order will ship has soon as it is complete.

Thanks, Solo!

That means Hook. Their order from LLL was made when it was available to purchase at LLL, so they have to wait around a week or even 15 days to receive their stock. I receive that message when i preorder items from them.

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

That means Hook. Their order from LLL was made when it was available to purchase at LLL, so they have to wait around a week or even 15 days to receive their stock. I receive that message when i preorder items from them.

Yeah it is their customary e-mail with these pre-orders. LLL releases usually arrive to the Music Box Records in about two weeks after they become available at the LLL store, sometimes it even takes longer. I might receive my copy of Hook (along with the new Mask of Zorro and Sneakers releases) just before Christmas if I am lucky.