Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - Isolated Score Track

DangerMotif

Just now, Presto said:

All the music taken from the other films.

image.gif

in regards to that, there's a really nice quote from escape from venice that goes right into Helena's theme --- works tremendously

1 minute ago, Presto said:

All the music taken from the other films.

That IS actually the most interesting bit, IMO. Getting the opportunity to hear the new takes on "Spyders" and all those other things that I gleaned while watching, without sound effects.

1 hour ago, Damien F said:

I got my second source. An official source. :wink:

Nice that they specifically mentioned the isolated score in the post over any other of the special features.

image.png

https://x.com/IndianaJones/status/1711774650869440903?s=20

://x.com/IndianaJones/status/1711774650869440903?s=20

And that makes even more difficult to accept how they messed up the cd release.

This is truly phenomenal news. I was already looking forward to getting the film on 4K Blu-ray, but now I am beyond anticipation to get it. It will go nicely with the Indiana Jones 4K set I have, all housed in the limited edition box set with exclusive memorabilia. Perfect timing too: a few days after my birthday!

3 hours ago, Bounty95 said:

I am loving this! However, I think I will get the Wal-Mart exclusive 4K release, as the cover art is better; plus, I think the Enamel Pin that comes with it looks nice.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Damien F said:

As an Indy film, it has the same problem as other franchise legacy sequels were it replaces the hero's satisfying ending from the original films and makes them depressed washed up seniors. That's not really what I want to see in an Indy film. 

I get that this is not a thread to focus on these things, but what I realized while watching KotCS this weekend is that it has the same exact plot but with a proper context and subtlety that makes it far more believable.  Indy is put on a gov't watchlist, fired, and is unhappy (though not exaggeratedly broken).  Mutt comes into his life, which sets him on a path of rediscovering what is important, etc.  

2 minutes ago, King Mark said:

wow I had to check this thread again to make sure i didn't dream it the first time.

Those "dolby atmos" files can be ripped and converted into regular stereo tracks for making fan edits with the OST right?

Of course. Most rips of new films are atmos these days

1 hour ago, Damien F said:

Look at Henry from TLC, he was an elderly senior but still had loads of enthusiasm and zest for life.

I completely agree that Indy being old and broken is not what I ever wanted to see. 

But for the record Henry was 65 in Last Crusade,and Indy was 58 in Crystal Skull and 70 in Dial of Destiny. 

1 hour ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Reckoning 

Not going to lie, sounds like a good movie.  Harrison Ford in his Expendables-mode.  

I haven't seen the film but damn... an isolated score would almost certainly get me to blind buy the BD (if available in UK for a sensible price) just for the novelty alone. I have several DVDs I 'sort of' like just because they have iso scores.

Surely has to be a Mangold request.

(Fun)TFA + (Fun)TROS > (Fun)TLJ + (Fun)DOD

And where (Fun)=(Grin-Inducing Score Moments), the equation still holds.  At least for me.