Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - Isolated Score Track

DangerMotif

I would have a preferred a lossless PCM 2.0 stereo track for this, but it's nice that it's 7.1 DD on the Blu Ray and 7.1.4 Atmos on the 4KBD

U.S. Audio (for the score-only version of the movie): 4K Ultra HD – 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos, Blu-ray – 7.1 Dolby Digital, DVD – N/A

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wow, that's a hot take.

I think TFA and TROS are the 2 best scores out of the 4.

TROS is boring, at least on album, and just dumps a bunch of the cool material, for new material, and expects us to get on board with it, even though we never spent the time to get to know, like the preivous material.

TFA is 👍

14 minutes ago, Presto said:

TROS is boring, at least on album, and just dumps a bunch of the cool material, for new material, and expects us to get on board with it, even though we never spent the time to get to know, like the preivous material.

TFA is 👍

I was initially lukewarm about TROS but the OST supplemented by the FYC is a whole different experience to just the OST.

1 hour ago, Cameron1138 said:

Two of those had directors who seem to really respect the scoring process. I don't think it's a coincidence that he was able to write much better scores for TLJ and DoD than for TFA and TROS.

I think it might have more to do with Abrams being a "I want the audience to be transported into the movie" type person, keep everything mysterious, and Johnson and Mangold might be more into giving away the secrets, let people enjoy how it's made. 

6 minutes ago, Damien F said:

I'm curious how the isolated score will handle the parade scene. Will it include the diegetic parade music or just the actual score. They are very much intertwined in the film's mix but hopefully the track will be just the score.

Yeah that's a great question.  In fact, it would make a good poll question and then we can see who's right when it comes out....

I'd guess the track will contain ONLY the Williams/Ross score cues, so during the parade you'd only hear "Pulse of the City".  They probably just had Ramiro provide the score track from his Pro Tools and they are plopping that on here, hopefully unpotted.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Wow, that's a hot take.

I think TFA and TROS are the 2 best scores out of the 4.

They both have some great tracks in them to be sure, and I love Rey's theme and the Resistance march, but other than those I thought TFA was the most boring of all the SW scores, especially in terms of the action music (which should always be a highlight of a SW score), and TROS is just so damn disjointed (which is entirely JJ's/the Disney executive board's fault, not Williams's) and the ending doesn't feel nearly climactic enough for the culmination of three trilogies (again, more the fault of the movie itself). TLJ, to me, feels like the closest the ST scores ever got to recapturing the feeling of the OT and PT scores. I really love the Ach-To theme in particular (I know it was introduced in TFA but it gets developed more in TLJ) and the opening battle and Battle of Crait cues are the closest we ever got in the Disney era to the exciting, memorable themes for the battles of Hoth, Geonosis, or Corscuant.

48 minutes ago, Damien F said:

I was initially lukewarm about TROS but the OST supplemented by the FYC is a whole different experience to just the OST.

To be fair I don't think I've actually listened to the OST+FYC all the way through in order yet, I was so disillusioned by the movie and my favorite parts of the score being unreleased that I still haven't worked up the energy to put an edit together yet (mainly holding out in hopes of the recording sessions leaking before I get around to it).

29 minutes ago, Damien F said:

I'm curious how the isolated score will handle the parade scene. Will it include the diegetic parade music or just the actual score. They are very much intertwined in the film's mix but hopefully the track will be just the score.

Good question, hopefully if the diegetic music is included it won't be too hard to edit it out and still have a track that sounds natural.

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

They probably just had Ramiro provide the score track from his Pro Tools and they are plopping that on here, hopefully unpotted.

His WHAT!? 😉image.gif

2 minutes ago, Cameron1138 said:

I still haven't worked up the energy to put an edit together yet (mainly holding out in hopes of the recording sessions leaking before I get around to it).

Same. (Though, I am more holding out for someone to make an edit once the sheet music leaks haha)

Still not making me watch the film.

Now if Raiders, Temple and Crusade would have an isolated music track, not to mention the SW OT, I would buy them in a heartbeat.

You know what, it might be odd but I was fully expecting this for some reason. Bet it will turn up on Disney+ at some point as well.

3 minutes ago, Damien F said:

image.png

image.gif

Yeah, he looks he's having a stroke. 😐

Karol

Some great news to brighten up the day, though I won't be able to get this 'cause Disney just stopped sending BluRays to South America (not being able to finish the collection will annoy me forever), but at least it will be out there.

3 hours ago, Presto said:

The Digital Bits is the Internet's leading source for DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and 4K Ultra HD industry news, reviews, analysis, and expertise!

But Digital Bits also made mistakes. In The Last Jedi 4k release, they said there is gonna be an isolated score, which is definitely not true.

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/star-wars-the-last-jedi-reissue-uhd