Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

2 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I have a hunch that this was the influence. Even some of the same chords here and there, particularly closer to the end.

Glad someone else hears it too! 

4 hours ago, crocodile said:

To see his "Swiss watch-like" artistry applied to anything new these brings me a lot of pleasure on its own terms.

This is exactly how I feel about his work for the Sequel Trilogy and DoD but couldn't put to words. Thanks! 

On 30/06/2023 at 8:03 PM, Bellosh said:

Sorry on mobile can't timestamp

You can always add &t=xmxxs to the YouTube link yourself, I've done this a couple of times and it always seems to work

13 hours ago, Vince said:

Right there with you! Luke's exile theme is my favourite element in the score to The Last Jedi and Archimedes' theme is quickly becoming a highlight for me.

How dissapointing that so many 'regular' fans tend to dismiss Williams' later work. His current musical styles is far more understated than before but I think it has a lot more going on emotionally. But this is very hard to express to the layman who desires so-called memorable themes. (If Rey's theme isn't memorable, I don't know what is.) 

How do I like a post 10 times?

6 hours ago, Courtney said:

How do I like a post 10 times?

Press the like/unlike button 21 times. ;)

For someone who has only heard the score in the film … how much of the album is material lifted from previous scores? There's so much in the film, but I'm hoping the OST at least manages to focus on new material?

9 minutes ago, Datameister said:

but I'm hoping the OST at least manages to focus on new material?

Mostly, yes. Germany, 1944 has the most reused material; I don't think there's much if any after that. In fact now that I think about it I believe that might be the only track with reused material (not counting the Raiders March obviously).

1 hour ago, Datameister said:

Press the like/unlike button 21 times. ;)

For someone who has only heard the score in the film … how much of the album is material lifted from previous scores? There's so much in the film, but I'm hoping the OST at least manages to focus on new material?

Most of the score lifts occur in the track Germany, 1944. The rest of the album tries to focus primarily on new themes.

I don't think there are any lifts outside of "Germany, 1944" (?); in the movie I heard quite a few.

24 minutes ago, crocodile said:

I absolutely adore the turbulent ballet of The Airport and harsh brutality of Battle of Syracuse (plus Centuries Join Hands). Williams going all Golden Age. Hell, yeah! I now wish he had a chance to do a "sword and sandal" picture. And I really like the Archimedes's theme.

Karol

My biggest hope for this score upon hearing the plot was that Williams would go this route.  He nailed it.  It wasn't so on the nose to give me instant gratification, but like many scores of late, he knows how to write something even better that offers a better long term satisfaction.  

The movie, while sloppy as a movie, will be a very strong LTP.  

Well, now I know why the March in New York, 1969 is the way it is... Since there was no main titles, they started the end credits, instead of the usual crawl, and the March is just in synch with it. Explaining the tempo, the sudden beginning and why it's not one big suite.

2 hours ago, Damien F said:

The brass in Battle of Syracuse from 00:52 to 1:04 is fantastic. I can't stop thinking about it.

I would love to hear a Abbey Road LSO recording of that whole track

I would take this one gladly.

All the best IJ scores are by studio orchestras.

On 06/07/2023 at 10:37 AM, Vince said:

Right there with you! Luke's exile theme is my favourite element in the score to The Last Jedi and Archimedes' theme is quickly becoming a highlight for me.

How dissapointing that so many 'regular' fans tend to dismiss Williams' later work. His current musical styles is far more understated than before but I think it has a lot more going on emotionally. But this is very hard to express to the layman who desires so-called memorable themes. (If Rey's theme isn't memorable, I don't know what is.) 

Now I'm happy with this post. I have tried to hang out here (yes so difficult) as long as JW's last score to be released, now I'm done, couldn't be more better score.

44 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Lucasfilm just posted this; is it identical to the one they posted last month?

I didn't notice last time, this sticker they have in the Sony stage is great :lol:

Untitled-1.jpg

Does that say Bong Load??

2 hours ago, Schilkeman said:

I don’t know, the score for Raiders is incredible. I have issues with the performance, but the score impeccable.

It's the best of the 5 scores and the best of the 5 recordings. Maurice Murphy sounds like he's been at the pub, God bless him. Gives the louder passages a messy chutzpah that perfectly fits the film and the character.

The more I see the film , the more I love it. I can’t wait until it comes out on 4K Blu-ray. Also, every time I see the film, I notice more details in the Maestro’s score that make it even more phenomenal, all the more wishing for the complete score to be released (along with the rest of the Maestro’s work, of course). I REALLY hope we get a score-only version of the film.

So will the CD release be available on other retailers (like Amazon)? Or is Disney now selling exclusively through their Emporium site?

2 hours ago, Foxfan said:

So will the CD release be available on other retailers (like Amazon)? Or is Disney now selling exclusively through their Emporium site?

I was trying to sign up to the Emporium site, but got a message that I'm 'not eligible at this time to register of sign in'.... Anyone know what is up with that? 

Then I was trying to order the CD without registration, but saw that you have to pay before giving address details, etc., which is sort of new to me...

Did it work like that for others as well?

On 06/07/2023 at 8:07 AM, Tydirium said:

Very similar:

Small wonder the latest Indiana Jones score sounds a lot like its immediate predecessor... Obviously, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is going to be fresher on Williams' mind than Raiders or even The Last Crusade...

14 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Small wonder the latest Indiana Jones score sounds a lot like its immediate predecessor... Obviously, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is going to be fresher on Williams' mind than Raiders or even The Last Crusade...

What is your point? I’m saying that it wouldn’t surprise me if that bit was temped with KOTCS.

4 hours ago, Sandor said:

I was trying to sign up to the Emporium site, but got a message that I'm 'not eligible at this time to register of sign in'.... Anyone know what is up with that? 

Then I was trying to order the CD without registration, but saw that you have to pay before giving address details, etc., which is sort of new to me...

I've got the same thing. I ended up ordering it without registration but I had to used a different computer because weirdly the button to complete the purchase wasn't showing on my computer.

On 04/07/2023 at 9:47 PM, BB-8 said:

I may be going mad but I seem to hear notions of Ravel's Bolero in Archimedes' Theme.

Yes! I noticed that todo!

It would be helpful for me to make an in order playlist on Spotify of the soundtrack to Dial Of Destiny using the cues and so that way we all can hear Dial Of Destiny's soundtrack in order the way the cues are performed throughout the film. Hope everyone gets what I mean by this. 

That's why we deserve a cue by cue breakdown of the OST so that way we all know what track comes first and what last track comes last as we are hearing the soundtrack in the order it is performed in the film. Again, I hope everyone gets what I mean by this. 

1 minute ago, JWilliamsFan1999 said:

It would be helpful for me to make an in order playlist on Spotify of the soundtrack to Dial Of Destiny using the cues and so that way we all can hear Dial Of Destiny's soundtrack in order the way the cues are performed throughout the film. Hope everyone gets what I mean by this. 

The OST is almost chronological; you just have to move tracks 1 & 2 to the end (with Prologue as the final track) and switch tracks 4 and 5.

The violin version of Helena's Theme isn't used in the film so you can put that anywhere.

6 minutes ago, crumbs said:

The OST is almost chronological; you just have to move tracks 1 & 2 to the end (with Prologue as the final track) and switch tracks 4 and 5.

The violin version of Helena's Theme isn't used in the film so you can put that anywhere.

Can you please provide me an example of this, @crumbs? Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Indiana Jones Screenshot.jpg

Indiana Jones Screenshot Pt. 2.jpg

11 minutes ago, Demodex said:

An example of what? 

The OST tracks in chronological order are:

3, 5, 4, 6-17, 2, 1

Oh thanks, @Demodex, I really appreciate it.

Here is the Soundtrack to Dial Of Destiny in chronological order as heard in order in the film. Hope you guys like it.

James Southall’s review is up:

http://www.movie-wave.net/indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny/

Any idea what particular cue he is probably referring to when he says “...some of the great music featured in the film that isn’t on the album (one cue in particular – the one that everyone else has said)”? I know we’d all like the music from the opening flashback sequence (but that’s a collection of cues), as well as the New York chase music (but isn’t that possibly by William Ross?), but is there a consensus I wasn’t aware of, about one specific “Holy Grail” cue?

23 hours ago, Sandor said:

Yes i think it is like that.