Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

Lately Disney Records has sometimes not dropped an album until they do every timezone at once later in the (Californian) day

52 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Do we even have an official confirmation that the OST is out on June 28, and not on June 30?

On 15/06/2023 at 5:53 AM, DangerMotif said:

9 minutes ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

Yeah, the Disney Music Twitter account said so.

That too 

https://twitter.com/DisneyMusic/status/1671256551229911040

Just for fun, here's a comparison of the waveform from "New York, 1969" on the Disney licensing site, versus the full leak of the Raider's March (apparently from the same track).

Looks pretty much the same for the most part.

Untitled-1.jpg

2 hours ago, DangerMotif said:

The LA crowd is so lucky, all these scores coming out at midnight is so annoying. 9PM is a pretty great time

It is true but sometimes I have trouble staying up to 9!

3 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Just for fun, here's a comparison of the waveform from "New York, 1969" on the Disney licensing site, versus the full leak of the Raider's March (apparently from the same track).

Looks pretty much the same for the most part.

Untitled-1.jpg

It’s funny, I suggested they were from the same track in the other thread and someone else compared the waveforms and said no.  But this does look the same.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Know said:

someone else compared the waveforms and said no

That person was, admittedly, a little careless in his visual analysis, although he wasn't so definitive about it either

2 hours ago, Dr. Know said:

It’s funny, I suggested they were from the same track in the other thread and someone else compared the waveforms and said no.  But this does look the same.

Well considering we have the full track now, it's all but confirmed. :lol:

33 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

Well considering we have the full track now, it's all but confirmed. :lol:

We do?  Where??  Disney Music Licensing is still only playing 45 seconds, and no one has posted an Instagram link.

Never mind.  Download Links to the rescue!

Is anyone else irrationally (or rationally) afraid of the orchestral version of Helena’s Theme not being included on the album? Part of me deep down can’t stop worrying about it being left out. Maybe I’ve just been burned too badly by some of JW’s past omissions...? (Though don’t get me wrong, I do love his OSTs.)

It’s such a great theme and I’ve been looking forward to it for 9 months now, so that’s probably why this fear entered my mind to begin with.

1 hour ago, Tydirium said:

Is anyone else irrationally (or rationally) afraid of the orchestral version of Helena’s Theme not being included on the album? Part of me deep down can’t stop worrying about it being left out. Maybe I’ve just been burned too badly by some of JW’s past omissions...? (Though don’t get me wrong, I do love his OSTs.)

It’s such a great theme and I’ve been looking forward to it for 9 months now, so that’s probably why this fear entered my mind to begin with.

There has been a couple JW OST's that have two versions of the same piece.

Angela's Ashes has two different tracks from the same exact cue with one edited around, with an insert of bowed strings instead of pizzicato.

1 hour ago, Tydirium said:

Well, if that's the case - hopefully not - then Helena's Theme is heard in its entirety during the credits, so it's likely to appear in the final suite as well. However, I hope it'll also appear as a separate track closer to the beginning of the album - and the version recorded with Mutter at the very end of the CD, as a bonus track.

3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'd be happy if the Mutter version was a digital single only, leaving 5 extra minutes for film cues on the album.

I have to admit that I hate the idea of any released Williams' music being digital only.

25 minutes ago, Pawel P. said:

I have to admit that I hate the idea of any released Williams' music being digital only.

Memoirs Yo Yo Ma EP

Galaxy's Edge

Obi-Wan

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

Memoirs Yo Yo Ma EP

Galaxy's Edge

Obi-Wan

And also Harp and Oboe Concertos. 

Yes, I have to live with it. 

To be more precise.... Of course, it's better if something is released digitally than not released at all, but I just never think about any track that's been released: "Let it stay digital, there will be more space on the CD for other things."

1 hour ago, Pawel P. said:

Well, if that's the case - hopefully not - then Helena's Theme is heard in its entirety during the credits, so it's likely to appear in the final suite as well. However, I hope it'll also appear as a separate track closer to the beginning of the album - and the version recorded with Mutter at the very end of the CD, as a bonus track.

but perhaps the Helena part in the end credits cue is different to the concert piece

unless we think JW is copypasting something compositionally identical to the concert piece from beginning to end into the credits

26 minutes ago, Brónach said:

but perhaps the Helena part in the end credits cue is different to the concert piece

unless we think JW is copypasting something compositionally identical to the concert piece from beginning to end into the credits

It would be disappointing but I wouldn't blame him. Just think of Helena's Theme as the end credits suite (except we've had 9 months to live with it, which dulls the excitement a little).

It's not too dissimilar to Across the Stars in the AOTC credits, although that got an alternate ending (that Lucas didn't even use).

2 hours ago, Brónach said:

That's quite common, actually, and often it's the other way around. A piece is composed for the end credits, and then used, with some modifications, as a concert piece.

The most obvious example being the Raider's theme, of course. 

9 minutes ago, oierem said:

That's quite common, actually, and often it's the other way around. A piece is composed for the end credits, and then used, with some modifications, as a concert piece.

The most obvious example being the Raider's theme, of course. 

Yep, it's a bit "chicken or egg" but a lot of JW's concert suites originated as end credits cues in the scores they were written for.