Interesting Mike Matessino comments, new release “very soon”!

BrotherSound

7 minutes ago, mstrox said:

On the Williams end: An Indy.  A Star War.  A post-2005 score.  A previously nixed Williams score.  A third expansion of Home Alone, this time in super high definition audio.

Post 2005 may be another logical choice. Dolby atmos? Tintin would be great 

I don’t think he’s hinting at the the floodgates opening for post-2005 scores. If he was, I don’t think he would have said “for where it might potentially lead.” I think he’d just say there’s some really mindblowing news that I can’t wait to tell you all because it would no longer be a matter of if for the post-2005 JWs, but when. Instead, he’s saying there’s a big project coming that might lead somewhere exciting. That’s how I read it anyway.

4 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

Lucasfilm already let Willow get an expansion, not to mention Rogue One and Solo.

But not an MM expansion right? ;)

Munich would fit the bill. The "hope it will be well received" line comes across as slightly hesitant, perhaps because there's not much unreleased music, but it could signal changes to the post-2005 AFM rules (meaning post-WOTW expansions might be possible now).

An extended I Could Have Done More.

6 hours ago, BrotherSound said:

More immediately there is a release that will be announced very soon that has been in the cooker for a long time, and I hope it will be well received for both what it is as well as for where it might potentially lead.

JFK confirmed. 

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Munich would fit the bill. The "hope it will be well received" line comes across as slightly hesitant, perhaps because there's not much unreleased music, but it could signal changes to the post-2005 AFM rules (meaning post-WOTW expansions might be possible now).

I'm thinking roughly along these lines as well. Although that line could in theory also apply to a huge title which is highly charged in terms of what people will expect from it, and he hopes people will like it.

This added to the "a big one..." comment in the recent Legacy podcast has me intrigued!

1 hour ago, Alan said:

This added to the "a big one..." comment in the recent Legacy podcast has me intrigued!

Which comment was that? I don't remember much about upcoming titles, only that their Sabrina discussion was "the first of many" this year or something.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

Which comment was that? I don't remember much about upcoming titles, only that their Sabrina discussion was "the first of many" this year or something.

It was during the Sabrina discussion. Towards the end the talk about having Mike on again this year to discuss another release and I think @mahler3 cut in with "a big one..."

Correction, it's "big stuff..." after Mike confirms that there will be things to talk about later in the year. Around 54mins in :)

Lucasfilm/Disney allowed expanded Solo to be released Digitally and Physically (soon right?). Also a digital expansion of Rogue One. 

Oh it's happening again, excitement levels rising! 

On 15/05/2023 at 4:45 AM, Alan said:

On 15/05/2023 at 5:48 AM, crumbs said:

Which comment was that?

It was the Presumed Innocent podcast episode from May 2022: https://thelegacyofjohnwilliams.com/2022/05/20/spacecamp-presumed-innocent-podcast/

On that episode, he said he has a very big non-Williams project in the works.  Forum discussion of that comment begins here.

The "release that will be announced very soon that has been in the cooker for a long time" of which this thread is about, could be that same big non-Williams title, or not.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

The "release that will be announced very soon that has been in the cooker for a long time" of which this thread is about, could very well be that same big non-Williams title.

I assumed the comment was about a Williams release because he was replying to a comment referencing Doug saying Mike was working on a couple of Williams releases. But checking again, you could be right. His comment about the upcoming release might not necessarily be about a Williams release. Pretty fair assumption, but it could be wrong. I guess someone could ask him? I would but I have Pringles in front of me.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

It was the Presumed Innocent podcast episode from May 2022: https://thelegacyofjohnwilliams.com/2022/05/20/spacecamp-presumed-innocent-podcast/

On that episode, he said he has a very big non-Williams project in the works.  Forum discussion of that comment begins here.

The "release that will be announced very soon that has been in the cooker for a long time" of which this thread is about, could very well be that same big non-Williams title

Actually the comment I was referring to was from the Sabrina discussion, and seemed to hint at a big Williams release (or that's how I'd interpret comments about having bit things to discuss on that podcast).

IIRC near the end of the Sabrina podcast, the 3 of them basically just said they'd be talking again soon.  If there was something more specific said than that, please re-listen and transcribe it!

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

IIRC near the end of the Sabrina podcast, the 3 of them basically just said they'd be talking again soon.  If there was something more specific said than that, please re-listen and transcribe it!

Around the 54 minute mark

Mike (in response to it being revealed that he will be on the show again soon: " I look forward to it as well and there will be things to talk about"

Tim: "...big stuff".

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nothing to do with John Williams, although there is a quote from him in the booklet.

Then it could be Patrick Doyle‘s Harry Potter score… Or maybe Frederick Hollander’s score to Sabrina… I’m clueless, but anything Mike does is well worth getting. 

Speaking of HP4, Patrick Doyle told

me that he never met John Williams. They were in the same room once but he didn’t go up to meet him. :)

And they never spoke about his score for the 4th film.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

I hope I’m still half cool when it’s revealed that we are knocking on a different door in the hallway than the usual ones. Nothing to do with John Williams, although there is a quote from him in the booklet.

Ewoks confirmed! Or maybe McNeely's Shadows of the Empire. Or something from Young Indiana Jones. 

Either way, I think it's likely that it will be a non-Williams score for a franchise JW worked on.