JWFan turns 25!

Ricard

I thought this site was created in 2002, since the oldest members dates on their profile are may 2002. I was only a couple days old :lol:

Thank you, as well, Ricard.  While I did not join the forums till much later, I have been an avid visitor since The Phantom Menace days.  Good times all around.  

I was there and I am so proud to say that after all of these years, I made my dreams come true, like to attend a John Williams concert.
I am not active anymore on the forum, but I am still there.

Congrats Ricard for all your achievements!

9 hours ago, Jay said:

The forum software changed a few times until the IPBoard version launched in May 2002.  The old posts and accounts couldn't be imported into it so everyone started anew that day.

Whose idea was doing that at the time of attack of the clones release? 😅

I think I remember watching the film and not able to talk about it immediately.

i have been visiting the forums far longer than the age i was when i joined…

Congratulations! I've only joined a few years ago, but I've been using the site and the forum as the master resource on all things John Williams and about other composers too!

Here's for the next 25 years :beerchug:

What a trip down Memory Lane !  I’m sure I did a lot of lurking in those early years. I regret not being more active then.   I’m proud to be a part of this community, having been around long enough to see members come and go. But the love we all share for the maestro remains constant if not steadily growing.   This place makes me laugh with its special brand of Crazy. This is our Church. 

Happy birthday JWFAN !

Thanks to you I met some other fans during JW concerts (Washington, NYC, tanglewood, etc...), so good to share the same passion.

I wish you 25 more years.

Thank you.

Congratulations!

I look back at my posts from 20 years ago, and I am embarrassed at my teen attempts at prose, humor, and commentary.

Still, this site was critical for my musical thought, and I even went to college for music with fellow JWFans!

Then I fell off, but in the past few years had reason to revisit, and it is a testament to this site's value that it remains alive and well!

Thank you, all, for sharing your companionship, intellect, and love of music.

A belated Happy Birthday and congratulations JWFan!

I am so glad to have stumbled upon this website and forum. I've been following for only two years and have become and active member just now, but the site has proved an invaluable source of information.

Keep it up!