THE LOST WORLD (1997) - 2023 2-CD expanded reissue from La-La Land Records now available!

Jay

I have the 4-disc set as well as the JP subsequent release so I'll probably get this as well, hopefully there's enough additional goodies on this to justify the $30 or so lol

• There is a tracked part from Remembering Petticoat Lane that could find it's way into this release (as an ALT).
  • Perhaps the inclusion of percussion-only (or -less) tracks?
  • Ripples and Corporate helicopters have sound-effects in them IIRC (like a single synth note).

9 minutes ago, ymenard said:

There is a tracked part from Remembering Petticoat Lane that could find it's way into this release (as an ALT)

In the film? I don't think there is.

I really hope this is where we finally learn what WOMPI means!! Mike had told me he'd reveal it soon enough.

57 minutes ago, DangerMotif said:

I’ve never really checked out this score, how does it compare to the first?

Is it good?

One of my top 5 favorite moments from the score is my signature beneath this reply:

Owners of the box set edition can sell their copies to easily cover the price of both expanded reissues with additional money in the pocket to spare. 

Well, the value of the box set is surely dropping now that this is announced.

Looks nice, as any JW release. :)

I got the box set and didn’t go for the Jurassic Park stand alone release since it didn’t have any substantial changes. But it still irks me that I don’t own the best possible version of the score since JP is one of my top JW albums - if not the top JW album.

Regarding buying a stand alone release of this - I will probably not go for this one either, especially if there’ are no or only only minor changes.

But I’m glad to see it in print… Now go do the same for Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny!

7 minutes ago, Michael G. said:

Will this release contain previously unreleased music?

I think we'll find out the 8th, is that when they'll release the samples?

On 01/08/2023 at 3:59 PM, Brando said:

I think we'll find out the 8th, is that when they'll release the samples?

LLL sends out an email newsletter with the press release and track lists about 12 hours before new titles goes on sale.

These new titles go up for sale Tuesday August 8th at 12:00PM PST, which is the same moment that samples go live.

10 minutes ago, rough cut said:

I got the box set and didn’t go for the Jurassic Park stand alone release since it didn’t have any substantial changes. But it still irks me that I don’t own the best possible version of the score since JP is one of my top JW albums - if not the top JW album.

I'm probably in the minority that thinks the box is the best version of JP - I prefer its mixing and overall sound - hence unless this reissue contains something seismic, I'm very happy with my first purchase.

My main hope is that the brass in the previously-unreleased middle section of Rescuing Sarah is fixed. It sounds oddly muffled to me. That would probably get me to buy this new set.

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

LLL sends out an email newsletter with the press release and track lists about 12 hours before it goes on sale.

It then goes up for sale Tuesday August 8th at 12:00PM PST, which is the same moment samples go live.

Ah, I've signed up for that but have never gotten any of the emails.

The moment the emails go out, the press releases are always shared in the appropriate JWFan and FSM threads.  Never by me, cause i'm sound asleep since its 3AM my time when they go out!