HOOK (1991) - NEW! 2023 3-CD Ultimate Edition Produced, Edited, and Mastered by Mike Matessino featuring all Williams/Bricusse songs

Jay

It's a gorgeous fantastic teaser too! Must be a double motion control rig, one for the camera (or for the map?) and one for the magnifying glass? No way someone held it that steadily.

13 minutes ago, blondheim said:

You don’t know. Your opinion doesn’t matter yet

just stay HAF

I meant Jurassic Park, you know, responding to Presto's response?

12 minutes ago, Holko said:

It's a gorgeous fantastic teaser too! Must be a double motion control rig, one for the camera (or for the map?) and one for the magnifying glass? No way someone held it that steadily.

I meant Jurassic Park, you know, responding to Presto's response?

Jurassic Park?! Overrated?! What do you know!!!!

(😉)

I avoided Hook when it first came to theaters. I guess it looked like Spielberg was selling out for big name actors and schmaltzy production, but for whatever reason I gave it a bah humbug. 

Then I got the Sony Boston Pops Williams on Williams album and holy shit, what’s this magic?  Is The Banquet (The Never Feast) underrated?  The concert version surely deserves more love than it gets with that wonderful brassy opening and big crashing finish.  I was sold. (Hooked?)

Naturally I picked up the OST and realized what a fool I was for ever letting my JW fandom diminish due to my gut reaction to the film itself. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the whole film. 

Then there was the Napster era of discovering the boots in horrible quality. That was fun. 

And here we are two expansions later.  I may not have been as upset as some with the last expansion, but it looks like this is going to prove again how much this score has to offer. 

Back in the 90s I felt that JW was getting increasingly "corny" as opposed to his style from the 70s and 80s. But this attitude was partly due to the genre of some of the films that didn't really appeal to me at that time (when I was a naïve young fart). Today I love all of JW's stylistic phases.

1 minute ago, BB-8 said:

Back in the 90s I felt that JW was getting increasingly "corny" as opposed to his style from the 70s and 80s. But this attitude was partly due to the genre of some of the films that didn't really appeal to me at that time (when I was a naïve young fart). Today I love all of JW's stylistic phases.

Yes, I can relate.  Sometimes you have to “catch up”. with his phases by looking backward through the lens to fully appreciate the change. 

23 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Relax, we can still complain about Indy and SW and every other score MM hasn't yet tackled. We're all set for at least five years.

I'll give you (and join you) with Indy and SW.

But if you start moaning that JW's entire filmography isn't available as a super-deluxe edition, there are going to be murders :bash:

Besides, when said mythical day comes that Williams' last score is expanded... what will you look forward to? (yeah I know, that'll be in 2099 and we're all dead)

1 hour ago, John F said:

My big question of this new set would be if that big sword fight cue towards the end of the Ultimate Way is still abruptly cut in half into separate cues  like it was on the previous Lala set. Hope not.

It's not.

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

I began working on this album in May of 2016.

Wow. And how many of those 7.5 years were just waiting for approvals to move onto the next stage or with all the work done already?

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

The whole story of the album will be shared on various podcasts coming soon.

Hopefully Mike got the hint from our reaction to a lack of an Amistad podcast and rejogged his memory :lol:

12 hours ago, Chewy said:

Yes!! And I'm so curious to hear stories about the sources used for this, considering how much could not be found for the 2012 release.

I hope it’s a 2+ hour episode!

2 minutes ago, Smaug The Iron said:

That is about 12 Euros more than if you buy it from La La Land itself 

And if you count in the additional customs and VAT and handling and general hassle with the post?

5 minutes ago, Smaug The Iron said:

That is about 12 Euros more than if you buy it from La La Land itself 

Oh, really? I thought it would be much cheaper ordering from LLL.

But I wouldn't risk it paying at customs. (and the broken cases I usually get from LLL)

7 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Imagine HP4 being finished and just not approved by those terribly busy morons.

Assuming Doyle would've known about it, it wasn't as of June 2020, but now three years down the line, so who knows.

Hell yeah! Although I’m a little concerned with “The Ultimate War” being the film version. Well the “The End Of Hook” isn’t labeled “Film Version” so that might contain the full ending of the track and not have it a fake ending like on last release. 

I’m sure it’s going to be fine.