Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

OST cover:

XVCD60.jpg

Vinyl cover:

XVLP226.jpg

No idea why they didn't put the title top left, there's an obvious gap in the artwork for it. 

Agree. I would've put it there as well

2 hours ago, crumbs said:

OST cover:

XVCD60.jpg

Vinyl cover:

XVLP226.jpg

Well, that's certainly an album cover.

No idea why they didn't put the title top left, there's an obvious gap in the artwork for it. It covers that brute character almost comically on the CD cover.

It’s very dark. It’s an unattractive cover. Anyway, the music is coming and that’s all that matters.

2 hours ago, DangerMotif said:

One CD means it’s likely a 70 minute album sadly

It can be even 80 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Obi said:

Why wait the august 09 for release the album ? I really don't understand.

So they can sell the digital version well first?..🤷‍♂️🤔

45 minutes ago, Obi said:

Why wait the august 09 for release the album ? I really don't understand.

Because it takes a long time to press vinyl records and they wanted the CD to drop on the same day. 

The digital/streaming album will be out by June 30th, of course. 

Am I the only one who is frustrated to see how the "digital" format is considered opposite to the CD format while the CD audio is 100% digital itself? 

I appreciate it's more about physical Vs. not physical, but it's wrong to think not physical=digital.

But I guess this will stay like this for ever now...🙄

44 minutes ago, Lao Che said:

So they can sell the digital version well first?..🤷‍♂️🤔

They have to find the thinnest possible cardboard for the digipak cover, to make sure it gets dented during shipping.

3 minutes ago, ciarlese said:

Am I the only one who is frustrated to see how the "digital" format is considered opposite to the CD format while the CD audio is 100% digital itself? 

I appreciate it's more about physical Vs. not physical, but it's wrong to think not physical=digital.

But I guess this will stay like this for ever now...🙄

Nobody considers it the opposite and everyone knows they're both digital data. 

looks like June 28th is the day

John Williams has made an appearance at tonight’s U.S. premiere of James Mangold’s Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood to conduct an orchestra for a performance of his score from the film. Check out a video from the performance below. In related news, Disney Music Emporium has published the cover art of the soundtrack album, which is expected to be released digitally on June 28 and scheduled to come out physically (both on CD and vinyl) on August 9. Check back on this page for the full album details. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destinystarring Harrison Ford, Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Antonio Banderas, John Rhys-Davies, Shaunette Renee Wilson, Toby Jones, Thomas Kretschmann, Boyd Holbrook, Ethann Isidore, Oliver Richters,and Mads Mikkelsen will open in theaters nationwide on June 30.

https://filmmusicreporter.com/2023/06/14/john-williams-performs-music-from-indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-at-hollywood-premiere/

I’m just really happy this is coming out on CD. It took me some time to get over the fact that Danny Elfman’s OSTs no longer get the CD treatment (MIB: International being the last one, and a European release at that).

I also happen to really like the album cover. I think that places me in the minority, but I think it’s a damn sight better than the official poster. 

On 15/06/2023 at 8:12 AM, Jay said:

I'd wager money that the digital album will be identical to the CD album

But hopefully we get extra music via the FYC album

yeah except they don't press FYC c.d.'s anymore , so we can only get 128kbps unreleased tracks

On 15/06/2023 at 6:23 AM, crumbs said:

OST cover:

XVCD60.jpg

Vinyl cover:

XVLP226.jpg

Well, that's certainly an album cover.

No idea why they didn't put the title top left, there's an obvious gap in the artwork for it. It covers that brute character almost comically on the CD cover.

HOLY SHIT THAT SUCKS! 

It's almost comical how bad this cover art is. As if the underpaid and burnt out designer said screw it and shat together the quickest and worst possible version of an album cover. And they bought it muahahaha

Has anyone outside of the US ordered from this store? When I press "Place Order" in the last step, it says "Critical errors have occured" whether I choose debit, credit or Paypal. Very strange. There is already a limit of two copies per person.

48 minutes ago, Pawel P. said:

Has anyone outside of the US ordered from this store? When I press "Place Order" in the last step, it says "Critical errors have occured" whether I choose debit, credit or Paypal. Very strange. There is already a limit of two copies per person.

I ordered it earlier today and got an error trying to pay via PayPal, but with a credit card it seemed to work fine, although my initial PayPal payment (just for the CD) went through, but has since been reverted, with just the total CD plus postage cost going on my card. Disney have a shonky website, who'd have guessed?!

15 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

So the cd is probably exclusive to the disney music emporium? At least the cd is cheap….

Indeed, ís this going to remain exclusive to the Disney store?

8 hours ago, Kendal_Ozzel said:

You can preorder both editions now at 30% at Disney Music Emporium. They just kicked off a sitewide sale for 6/24.

Confirmed. I got an email announcing the sale this morning, and I was able to cancel my earlier preorder and re-order at the discounted prices. Less than $10 for the CD and just over $30 for the LP. I used PayPal and it went through the first time.

I am impressed the sale applies to pre-orders.

1 hour ago, lairdo said:

Confirmed. I got an email announcing the sale this morning, and I was able to cancel my earlier preorder and re-order at the discounted prices. Less than $10 for the CD and just over $30 for the LP. I used PayPal and it went through the first time.

I am impressed the sale applies to pre-orders.

How were you able to cancel your previous preorder? I get this on my order.

All pre-order sales are final. The nature of pre-order sales prohibits order modifications and cancellations.

21 minutes ago, Toillion said:

How were you able to cancel your previous preorder? I get this on my order.

All pre-order sales are final. The nature of pre-order sales prohibits order modifications and cancellations.

Sounds equivalent to the nasty little friend you made a bad trade with as a kid.