Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Disney Records Original Soundtrack Album) - NO FILM SPOILERS!

Jay

I was excited when the coupon made the subtotal $8.39. That diminished when the shipping came to $7.41.  Oh well. With the way CD plants and pressings go these days, I’m not risking it not being exclusive to Disney. Ordered. 

31 minutes ago, Andy said:

I was excited when the coupon made the subtotal $8.39. That diminished when the shipping came to $7.41.  Oh well. With the way CD plants and pressings go these days, I’m not risking it not being exclusive to Disney. Ordered. 

Same here. Final price just under 26€. But in the end (unfortunately)thats the price of a regular cd nowadays sometimes. 

the limit to 2 per customer screams disney emporium exclusive…or at least limited units released on online stores like amazon or the likes that could go out of stock in minutes. And the precedent that the new legacy collection releases were never offered elsewhere.

just for the record hunchback and aladdin are both in stock… if anyone wants them (they charge full shipping with each item so you could place another order now and it would cost the same as if you would have paired them with indy.

Another info bit: for overseas customers you have to pay tax, but that makes so that you dont have to pay customs in your country. At least thats what happened when i ordered aladdin and hunchback in a 80€ order, it arrived directly to my house.

12 hours ago, Kendal_Ozzel said:

You can preorder both editions now at 30% at Disney Music Emporium. They just kicked off a sitewide sale for 6/24.

Thank for this, I preordered as well!

3 hours ago, Toillion said:

How were you able to cancel your previous preorder? I get this on my order.

All pre-order sales are final. The nature of pre-order sales prohibits order modifications and cancellations.

Yeah, I saw that too.

I ignored it, and tried the cancel button above the order details. That worked, and an immediate email arrived indicating the order was cancelled. A few hours later, I got a refund email from PayPal from the order in the full amount.

I'll wait until it's sold at amazon or normal record stores

it's too bad I would have pre-ordered it with my Prime trial ending tomorrow to get free shipping

1 hour ago, lairdo said:

Yeah, I saw that too.

I ignored it, and tried the cancel button above the order details. That worked, and an immediate email arrived indicating the order was cancelled. A few hours later, I got a refund email from PayPal from the order in the full amount.

Wow, I definitely overlooked the cancel button the first time! 🤦‍♂️

Got it reordered!

2 hours ago, King Mark said:

I'll wait until it's sold at amazon or normal record stores

it's too bad I would have pre-ordered it with my Prime trial ending tomorrow to get free shipping

Mark, it may never be sold outside the disney music emporium site….

10 hours ago, Tom Guernsey said:

I ordered it earlier today and got an error trying to pay via PayPal, but with a credit card it seemed to work fine, although my initial PayPal payment (just for the CD) went through, but has since been reverted, with just the total CD plus postage cost going on my card. Disney have a shonky website, who'd have guessed?!

I tried pre-ordering thru Paypal and got the same problem. Normal credit card process worked fine though. Paypal's actually been kinda buggy for me on eBay too in recent months.

The 30% off sale is a nice respite in light of all the LLL 20% off sales I missed out on because I was too impatient for the newest JW release.

Neat, glad I didn't pre-order immediately. This 30% off was unexpected but welcome. 

Ordered! 

12 hours ago, Pawel P. said:

Has anyone outside of the US ordered from this store? When I press "Place Order" in the last step, it says "Critical errors have occured" whether I choose debit, credit or Paypal. Very strange. There is already a limit of two copies per person.

You're quite lucky to already have the Place Order button this one does'nt appear to me

I used paypal just fine. Its weird though as you have to pay it and then go back to the disney site and continue re-selecting the shipping method and some other thing…

Yeah but unfortunately for me I can't finished my order as there's no button to complete checkout which is kinda weird

[edit] Funnily enough I've changed of computer and it all work out fine. What a weird website.

Anyone else not receive an email confirmation of their order today? Thank fuck I took a screenshot of my order confirmation page I can show them if they don't fulfill my order on Aug 9.

Why the worry and skepticism that this won't be available at Amazon, etc? They'll want the widest sales possible for this - restricting solely to Disney's emporium where people have to explicitly be looking, doesn't seem to me the best way to do that.

Plus the inevitable ASM marketing.

4 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Anyone else not receive an email confirmation of their order today? Thank fuck I took a screenshot of my order confirmation page I can show them if they don't fulfill my order on Aug 9.

Mine went to the Junk box.

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Why the worry and skepticism that this won't be available at Amazon, etc? They'll want the widest sales possible for this - restricting solely to Disney's emporium where people have to explicitly be looking, doesn't seem to me the best way to do that.

Plus the inevitable ASM marketing.

The legacy collection first batch was widely available, then after they started doing one at a time it all became disney exclusive. Remember that we are in the age of digital

music so they mind set could be wide digital release and exclusive cd and lp sales.

some latest disney scores like thor love and thunder dont even have a physical release anywhere at all.

6 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

Mine went to the Junk box.

It turns out mine did too. It’s weird it did that because I’ve ordered previously, twice, from DME for Legacy albums and both times the confirmation came into my regular box. Sorry all for my little freakout!

18 minutes ago, Brónach said:

i've never preordered anything in my life

Me neither!

I see this ships in early August, so I'm not pre-ordering (or ordering then), because I will be away in August on holidays.

27 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

They added some choir guys on IMDB (like 65 guys were added at once which makes me think it was an official drop)

Does it have choir?

Jasper Randall is listed as the choir contractor. I'm trying to track down his connections.

One of the vocalists is Suzanne Waters, who performed in the choir for TROS, TLJ and Rogue One.

So yeah, safe to say Indy 5 has choral elements.

20 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I also noticed that Newman Scoring Stage staff are listed now as well, despite all of the images/videos we have being from the Streisand Scoring Stage. Maybe they had to record at both for some reason?

Maybe there were some booking conflicts for earlier sessions?

30 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Maybe there were some booking conflicts for earlier sessions?

It felt to me that that all the b-roll footage from the featurette and the "music video" came from the same February scoring that was reported on JWFan.

https://jwfan.com/?p=14787

In the music video, you can see ASM with that green sweater wrapped around her waist. (Time stamp 0:47 has a good view of it.)

And if you look at the featurette, and despite them editing around her, ASM is visible behind JW at 0:11 (green sweater around the waist), and then at 1:05, ASM is sitting behind JW in the booth, and at 1:07 ASM is sitting in the first violin chair.

So, is it possible that besides recording the ASM version of Helena's theme, ASM also sat in on the rest of the sessions that day (which might have been a pick up day)?

10 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

From 4:09 onwards is a question about Williams. Mangold gives a wonderfully exapansive answer. I really can't wait to see and of course hear that opening sequence.

Pardon me for saying this but I think this interviewer is a dumb fuck, overtly oily and familiar and asks totally ridiculous, terrible and uninformed questions. I find his performative enthusiasm revolting and grating.

7 hours ago, crumbs said:

And got a great answer out of Mangold too, fantastic insight into his working process with Williams (instead of the usual waxing lyrical).

I'm hopeful Mangold might do a podcast on their collaboration, like he did on previous scores.

I will be constantly refreshing Edith Bowman’s Soundtracking podcast feed this week.

29 minutes ago, Damien F said:

Assuming the OST will be released on Spotify on Wednesday, what time would we expect it to drop? Is it usually something like 00:01 PST?

Yes but it will very likely be floating around by 8AM EST tomorrow because it will already be Wednesday in NZ